I feel like the holidays are such a funny time for entrepreneurs, don’t you? Most clients are closed or quiet, work slows down, and no one gets back to you.
It’s a great time to turn off, but it’s also a great time to catch up with yourself and work on your business without interruption.
So I do something that accomplishes both goals.
If you’re anything like me, that type of downtime means one thing: READING.
All the articles I haven’t gotten around to, everything I saved in my “Read Later” list, 1-2 things from my Amazon wish list… I dive in.
If you’re also planning to catch up with yourself over the next few days, I have a few things you might like. Especially if you’re already thinking about making more revenue in the coming year (and who isn’t?).
Pick two of the posts below, curl up, and enjoy!
Wishing you a very happy holiday and some delicious downtime.
Your catch-up reading list:
- What’s your special sauce? – Why the things that make you unique are your competitive selling advantage.
- The two words that make the price conversation easier – How to dramatically reduce any anxiety around talking about price.
- How to never waste time on a proposal again – And how one conversation can tell you if there’s a real opportunity there or not.
- A new Golden Rule for entrepreneurs – The thing each one of should be doing (but we’re not)
- Beware the sales masqueraders – How to spot the difference between actual selling and fake selling.
The Ghosts of Corporate Past – Why stepping into our entrepreneur role means un-learning some hard lessons.